The University of Strathclyde had two Glasgow campuses, one in the city centre and the other, Jordanhill, in the western suburbs inherited when it merged with the original teacher training college there.
The campus consists of a range of buildings of various ages but centred around the grade B listed main building.
This dates from 1913 designed by Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh in red sandstone in the classical style in a parkland setting.
The University commissioned a strategy review to consider the case for consolidation of its sites across the city.
Although the University’s existing plans were to remain a two-site institution, the University wanted to know whether there was a business case for consolidating on one site.
The study found that, because of duplicated costs, there would be a strong case for consolidation, even in spite of the extra capital costs of doing so. The consultancy team looked at valuation and development evidence to describe a future for the Jordanhill campus and its buildings that would conserve the historic buildings and enable commercial development nearby.